the book went on to explain that in survival situations people often panic and convince themselves there is no hope for survival and give up. it suggests finding something bigger than yourself to live for so you push through when the going gets tough. but these reasons have to be personal and genuine otherwise they wont motivate you in dire straits.
as you can imagine this has inspired a little soul searching. deep down what is the reason i live? what is my motivation? what would make me keep going when i see no way out? why should i fight?
dude, you need to read Mans Search for Meaning by Frankl. He is a Jewish psychologist who survived a Nazi death camp and theorizes on this very topic from his experiences. I have it if you want to borrow it.
ReplyDeleteKAIT! I was going to say the same thing!
ReplyDeleteI third the notion. It's a great book.
ReplyDeletelooks like i have another book to read!
ReplyDeleteOf course I wasn't going to suggest the book, since I don't generally read. But, it sounds like you're on a great adventure J. Have fun!
ReplyDelete