you were born naked.
covered in your own fluids.
no one cleaned you off.
they tossed you in a field.
left to soak in your own blood.
I passed by and noticed you.
"Live!"
I said to you, "LIVE!"
"I will increase you
like a plant that grows strong."
and you did increase.
you became strong and tall.
your breasts developed.
your hair grew long.
yet still naked and exposed.
I passed by again.
your time for love had come.
I gave you my cloak.
covered your nakedness.
entered into a covenant with you.
you became Mine.
I bathed you.
washed off your blood.
anointed you with oil.
gave you a fine linen headband.
covered you with silk.
new leather sandals and
an embroidered gown i gave to you.
jewelry: bracelets for your hands,
necklaces for your neck, a ring for
your nose, earrings for your ears,
and a crown for your head.
you ate the finest flour,
honey and olive oil.
you grew increasingly beautiful.
far away nations heard your name.
you were fit to be a queen.
you were beautiful,
it was perfect, because I bestowed
on you my own splendor.
wow. that was really powerful. some of your best work!
ReplyDeletecan't take all the credit!! paraphrase of exekiel 16.
ReplyDeleteJ that's amazing
ReplyDelete