Saturday, September 3, 2011

psalm 1 a psalm of Jeremy

Father i desire,
i long for you
in the quiet.

though i have few enemies
and am not surrounded.
though no one plots
to take my life.
though my table is full
and my house calm.
still Lrd no satisfaction
has come to me.

i am not whole.

beautiful one
come and
satisfy.

wash over me
like a house in
a hurricane.
displace my heart
and keep it your
hands.

may i always drink
from your cup
in suffering and
in blessing. only
you can satisfy.

though my enemies
are few there is one
i quarrel with.
one i constantly battle.

remove my wickedness
far from me. establish
in me righteousness and
a longing for your house.

only you can quench
the longing.
i want to be in your eye.
dance with me in the
hurricane.

6 comments:

  1. I really like your psalm thanks for sharing. I love your passion for the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing, Jeremy. Very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeremy, this is beautiful. I especially love "dance with me in the hurricane." I've had a picture of something similar to this, of dancing with Yeshua on the stormy waves. The LORD bless you, Jeremy. You're a good guy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks guys.

    the inspiration (other than psalms obviously) came from the song Lauren played for her word yesterday. the song is 'come up here' by Audra Lynn... but that song was inspired by psalm 27...

    it all comes back to the word. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you love the L-rd...it's beautiful

    ReplyDelete